Standardizing permit fees is another way in which local governments can facilitate their citizens' adoption of solar energy technologies.
- Standardize Permit Fees: Fixed Fees for Residential Permits
- Standardize Permit Fees: Calculator for Commercial Permits
This document is a white paper created by Solar Ready II to provide best management practices for standardizing residential permit fees by using fixed fees and includes examples of different cities' fee schedules.
This document is a white paper created by Solar Ready II to provide best management practices for standardizing commercial permit fees by using a PV Permit Fee Calculator and includes examples of different cities' calculators.
Best Management Practices for Local Governments
- Address Solar in the Zoning Code or Adopt a Solar Ordinance
- Create a Central Information Source
- Create a Permitting Checklist
- Develop Criteria for Expedited Processes
- Develop Solar-Ready Guidelines or Adopt a Solar-Ready Ordinance
- Engage Homeowners Associations
- Pre-Qualify Electrical Plans and Installers
- Standardize Permit Fees